We're Alive and Well!

Just a quick update. Things have been busy busy on the Roper front. We are all healthy and well. Thank you, Lord. All the boys got flu shots this year and I'm seeing such a difference. It's amazing. I felt like last year by this time we were all sick a million times. I'm just hoping we make it through the winter this healthy!

We are all gearing up for a visit from "Santa." Excited for Christmas morning. Our shopping is done, we have made sugar cookies, no bake cookies(which sadly I ruined some how, they didn't harden..lol), watched all the great Christmas movies over and over, sang many songs, decorated the tree, and are now ready for the big "visit."

This year is especially exciting for me since I got to go pick out a Christmas DRESS for Gracie! I found one that, when I saw it, knew it was the "one." I was so excited and she looks just adorable. Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures up.

Also, this year Chase and I have chosen to do whats called the "Wiseman" gifts for the kids:
Gold: A gift they really really want.
Frankincense: A gift they need.
Myrrh: The gift of time.(something you do with them)

We are really happy with the choice to do it this way. It will help us not over do it with gifts and teach them the real meaning behind Christmas and what we believe about Jesus' birth. It also made the shopping a lot easier as well.

Please continue to pray for Noah. He is doing pretty good. Like normal we have good days and some not so good days. Right now he has started to hit his head on things again when he is mad, and that is hard to deal with because he does it so hard he bruises and then I'm left with the reminder on his poor little head. He use to do this, but had stopped since this summer. I thought it was a "stage," from frustration, and I guess it was not.

Life is good. God is good. And we keep slowly moving forward. I hope you all are having a great weekend. And are gearing up for time with family, friends, good food, and celebrating the true meaning of Christmas.

Linus Van Pelt: "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were so afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'". That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie brown.

Blessings of great joy,
Sabrena

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
blog comments powered by Disqus