Mwahhh...Apprently we are pretty good at being deceptive!!

An update about our deceptively delicious ways!! It's working. We have managed, for the most part to get extra veggies in our boys' diets. First I tried it in some Mac N Cheese. I added sweet potatoes and carrots, and they ate it up. I was surprised to find that it made it much more creamy. I used just a regular box of Kraft. We also made turkey burgers with broccoli. Although, Connor new something was up, so we had to tell him, but they all ended up eating them up. We have added other stuff to pancakes, hamburger helper, and pumpkin bread. I'm excited every time I can add something somewhere and they wouldn't know the difference.

Funny story. We had bought some veggie burgers the other day while out shopping. We thought we would give them a try. Well, one night I thought hey, lets tell the kids we are having burgers and just make them veggie burgers with cheese and they wouldn't know the difference. BOY was I wrong. Connor sat there for the longest time trying to make out what the heck he was trying to choke down. Dawsyn took one look and jetted out of the kitchen and Noah took one bite and wasn't having any of it. So, needless to say we weren't very good that night at being deceptive. They were on to us. Don't worry we made a different dinner that night.

In other news. Noah just started with a new speech therapist. I really like her A LOT. She is very nice and I feel confident that she knows the direction to take with him. He had his first appt. last Wed. and she got to see a little of every side of him. She felt like he needed OT as well, and luckily for us they have an OT(Occupational therapy) at their office so we have an evaluation on Halloween! To be quite honest, I'm a bit stressed with all the appointments and co-pays, but I want to help make this easier on Noah, and if these therapies will help him, I will do it. I just feel a bit overwhelmed when I think about Dr. appointments for Noah and Gracie, weekly Speech and OT, it feels like so much. Taking Connor to school, picking him up and getting 3 kids in and out of car seats and into appt's. But you do what you have to do and I keep chugging forward. "I think I can, I think I can."

Like today, I had to make sure Connor looked sharp for picture day, doing his hair and threatening his life if he got anything on his clothes(just kidding of course). Got him to school, praying that Noah and Dawsyn will nap early because Noah has speech at 1pm, then I have to get back here to pick up Connor from school only to speed, I mean drive the speed LIMIT, to a Dr. appt for Gracie at 4pm. It's a lot of in and out of the car today and hopefully they will behave, but that is something I can almost guarantee to NOT happen. But for now I'm going to think positively. (Kinda).

It's 10am and I already can't wait to lay my head down for the night. Of course it's all worth it. I love my job, it just has good days and bad days and days where I sometimes think "what were you thinking" 3 under 3. On those day's I take in every smile and laugh. It's what gets me through. Oh, and the "I love you" sign Dawsyn's little hands made at me this morning.


I am blessed!
Sabrena

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
blog comments powered by Disqus