The family that prays together. . .

I recently had my 25th birthday (okay it was my 28th) and on that day I decided that with my new wise age should come a change in my normal daily routine. A change that involves me praying with Sabrena and the kids everyday before I leave for work. I call it my "Pray with Sabrena and the Kids Everyday Before I Leave for Work" plan. So far, it has been going pretty well.

Basically, I aim to take a few minutes before I head out the door to gather the kids together and pray a blessing over their day. Then I sit with Sabrena and do the same with her, except for this morning when I left after only praying for the kids. I later found out that she then started feeling very ill and is possibly showing signs of mastitis. So as you can see, it is really important that I not miss a day.

In all seriousness, I think it is really important not only to show my kids how important praying together and for each other, as their father, but to show my wife how much I think of her each day. Plus, you can't go wrong by starting your day off talking to God. If your husband doesn't do this with you or your kids and you would like him to, I suggest simply asking him to start. Tell him why it is important to you and chances are he will agree and make an effort to start. I slipped up today and probably will again and its likely your husband will to. Just be encouraging, pray for him to remember and I am certain that your family will grow in spiritual ways that you never thought possible before.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
blog comments powered by Disqus